Home looking a little worn down, used and ‘lived in’? There a few simple things you
can do to improve your curb appeal, and increase the price of your property
substantially. Another consideration is not just the price you get for your home, but
how quickly it sells. The more quickly your home sells, the sooner you can stop
paying the mortgage. It’s a HUGE savings. An attractive home sells more quickly.
– First- power wash your home and windows if necessary (whose home couldn’t use a
power wash??) Dirty windows and siding make a home look old and unwelcoming.
– Next, painting any faded or chipping trim, shutters and gutters makes a huge
difference. For the best results, choose a color that is neutral, but will stand out
against your home.
– Be sure the lawn is cut, you’ve trimmed around the sidewalks, and you’ve weeded
anything in the front yard. You don’t notice what a big difference this makes until
you see the finished product! If you’ve got time before you go on the market, throw
down a layer of grass seed. Your lawn will look thicker, greener and more lush.
– A few potted plants (preferably colorful ones!) make a tremendous difference, and
again, give the impression that the home has been loved, maintained and cared for.
(If you can keep plants alive, obviously you’ve been changing the furnace filters,
– Finally, a crumbling driveway is a dead giveaway that your home has been
neglected. A new driveway REALLY improves the curb appeal, but is also something
you can advertise about your home. Homebuyers love knowing they wont need to
replace the driveway anytime soon. It’s a huge bonus.